Some Lesser Known Facts About Sundar Pichai
[the_ad_placement id=”manual”][table id=244 /][the_ad_placement id=”manual”]
- Does Sundar Pichai smoke: Not Known
- Does Sundar Pichai drink liquor: Not Known
- Pichai exceeded expectations at cricket while in school. His initiative abilities were obvious and still, after all that, as he was chosen the chief of his secondary school cricket group.
- He experienced childhood in a 2-room flat in Chennai; Pichai and his more youthful sibling had no other alternative than to rest in the lounge room.
- Pichai not just secured a degree in Metallurgy from a standout amongst the most esteemed organizations in India yet in addition figured out how to procure a grant to Stanford University, where he considered materials science and semiconductor physical science.
- Since Pichai’s dad wasn’t monetarily fortunate, he discovered it extremely difficult to send his child to another country for considers. In any case, his dad by one means or another figured out how to burn through $1000 from the family investment funds to cover Pichai’s voyaging and extra costs.
- Just a couple of individuals realize that Pichai isn’t an early ‘Googler’. Before Joining Google in 2004, he acted as an administration advisor with McKinsey and Company, which has practical experience in metallurgy.
- Strikingly, Pichai joined Google the very day Gmail was propelled; that is on first April 2004.
- Pichai’s better half, Anjali, was his schoolmate at IIT Kharagpur. The twosome had such a solid holding, to the point that even separation and years couldn’t part the future sidekicks.
- Satya Nadella and Pichai both were in the running for the post of Microsoft’s CEO. Nonetheless, the previous was later picked as the ‘lucky one.’
- In 2011, Pichai had decided to leave Google and join the lead group at Twitter. Google, dreading misfortune, offered Pichai a humongous $50 million in stocks and held him.
- Despite the fact that accepted to be a standout amongst the most politically right and unbiased officials, Pichai was at steady loggerheads with the previous head of Android, Andy Rubin. In the end, Pichai won the round and Rubin left the Android group to take a shot at a mechanical autonomy venture before in the end leaving Google.
- It is trusted that it was none other than Pichai, who proposed propelling a Google web program to the then CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt. Quite, Google Chrome is currently the most prominent web program on the planet.
- Pichai is just the third and the main non-white CEO of Google after Larry Page and Eric Schmidt.
- In spite of being a CEO with a remuneration bundle of around $200 million, Pichai lives in a “humble” 5-room house which has a tennis court and an indoor small scale football field for his child.
- Pichai has been credited with influencing the Android to group more open. Before he assumed control over the charge from Andy Rubin, the Android unit was seen as a rebel unit inside Google.
- The November 2015 surges in Chennai relatively turned cataclysmic for Pichai’s grandma who was stuck in a working for 4 days without water, nourishment and cell network. As the water level rose, his grandma must be moved to the second floor of the building.