Some Lesser Known Facts About Mamata Banerjee
[the_ad_placement id=”manual”][table id=170 /][the_ad_placement id=”manual”]
- Does Mamata Banerjee smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mamata Banerjee drink liquor?: Not Known
- She was only 15 years of age when she turned out to be effectively engaged with governmental issues with the Indian National Congress and built up “Chhatra Parishad Unions,” the understudy’s wing of Congress Party when she was an understudy of Jogamaya Devi College.
- Absence of therapeutic treatment brought about Mamata losing her dad when she was no more established than 17.
- Mamata, with no diverted preparing or expert classes, has made herself an artist and a painter.
- She was discharged of her portfolios in 2003 after she challenged in a rally at the Brigade Parade Ground in Kolkata and declared that she would advance down as the Sports Minister as a result of government’s impassion towards her proposition to enhance the games in the country.
- Mamata broke every one of her ties with the Congress party in 1997 and set up her own gathering ‘All India Trinamool Congress’ which soon turned into the lead resistance gathering to the maturing Communist government in the state.
- After turning into the main female Chief Minister of West Bengal in 2011, she chose to restore the 400 sections of land of land to the ranchers of Singur. She said if ‘Goodbye babu’ (Ratan Tata) needs to set up a processing plant, he can continue his arrangement on the staying 600 sections of land, else, we will perceive how to go about it.
- In February 2012, Bill Gates sent a letter toward the West Bengal government hailing Mamata and her organization for accomplishing an entire year with no revealed instances of Polio in the state. The letter read “This was a point of reference for India as well as for the entire world.
- One of her works of art named ‘Blossom Power’ was unloaded at a function occasion in New York City in October 2012. With a base cost of $2500, and after 5 offers, it was sold at $3000. The artistic creation had a bed of green leaves in acrylic and oil on canvas having purple blossoms on it.
- In spite of Narendra Modi’s wave in the country, Mamata figured out how to hold her post as the Chief Minister of West Bengal for the second sequential term after her gathering performed incredibly well in 2016 get together decisions and won a sum of 211 seats out of 293.
- She, through her political life, has kept up an unadorned open appearance. She dresses in a customary white Saree and dependably wears ‘Hawai Chappal.’